Mother Studies is a field of interdisciplinary study devoted to the issues, experiences, topics, history, and culture of mothers, mothering, and motherhood.
|FALL CFP: Call for the MoM Annual Academic & Arts Conference (All conference presenters are automatically to submitted to JourMS )||Oct 1-Nov 30|
|MoM Annual Academic & Arts Conference acceptance notifications||Dec 15|
|Early bird Conference payments||thru Jan 15|
|MoM Annual Academic & Arts Conference takes place during March each year||March Annually|
|SPRING CFP: Call for Journal of Mother Studies Submissions (All conference attendees are invited to submit & we accept outside submissions as well on a variety of topics)||March-May 30|
|Acceptance emails are sent and editors are paired with authors||June- June 15|
|Editing process begins||June 15-July 1st|
|Editors return papers to authors||July 30|
|Authors submit final papers and papers are forwarded for a blind review process||August 10|
|Blind review process is completed. Last round of edits have been made||August 20|
|All final changes are made||August 30|
|Lead editor collates and submits papers for website publication||August 31|
|Journal is posted online||Sept 1|
JourMS submissions are peer-reviewed. The journal is published online annually on September 1. Print copies may be obtained by contacting our publisher.
The Editorial Collective of the Journal of Mother Studies invites submissions of scholarly articles and essays from the Interdisciplinary Humanities, defined as the arts, history, culture, the social sciences, women’s and gender studies, literary studies, anthropology, the folkloric, psychology, the digital humanities, and media studies. We encourage dialogue among varying fields and welcome feminist critiques of race, class, ethnicity, sexuality, technology, media, public heath, and nation. The Journal will also features book reviews about forthcoming works.
Please submit full papers, in Word Document form if possible, through our submission form here. Artists submit JPG images please. Submissions may also be emailed to JourMS@gmail.com
- Scholarly essays should be 5-18 pages double-spaced in Times New Roman on letter-size paper with 1-inch margins. Reviews should be approximately 500 words (we are flexible).
- Submissions can follow APA or MLA format. Please use American spelling.
- Please include a 250-word abstract with your submission.
- You are welcome to submit original art (including photographs) along with your manuscript; please ensure that you have (or will have) proper permissions. Additionally, we will accept alternative formats such as PowerPoint, video, audio, and visual presentations, and jpg files for artists.
- We will send you an acknowledgment of receipt once your submission is processed. The Editorial Board reviews all submissions before sending them out for external, anonymous peer review. We may provide reader comments, and ask you to revise and resubmit your work.
Reproduction of copyright material
As an author, you are required to secure permission to reproduce any proprietary text, illustration, table, or other material, including data, audio, video, film stills, and screenshots, and any supplementary material you propose to submit. This applies to direct reproduction as well as “derivative reproduction” (where you have created a new figure or table which derives substantially from a copyrighted source). The reproduction of short extracts of text, excluding poetry and song lyrics, for the purposes of criticism may be possible without formal permission on the basis that the quotation is reproduced accurately and full attribution is given.
Leave a Reply